Becoming a pupil at Redgate School
The Local authority is responsible for admissions to the school, and entry onto the roll of the school can happen at any time during the academic year. Before entry to school, all puils have a statement of special educational needs. This defines the needs of each pupil.
An admissions meeting involving the pupil, their parent(s)/carer(s) and appropriate professionals is arranged at Redgate, in advance of the pupil starting, so that we can prepare and help the child to settle quickly into school.
New Pupil Entry Procedures:
All pupils at Redgate Primary Academy have an Education, Health and Care Plan.
Pupil places are allocated through the SEN team at Nottinghamshire County Council. If a request for a place is to be made, contact with the SEN team must be made.
Prior to entry:
- Tour of the school.
- School to contact parents and current placement to arrange a visit.
- Member of staff visit to current placement and to check assessment information.
- Transition programme set up with parents, current placement and Redgate Primary Academy.
- Tailored to each individual child,
- Some pupils will require a longer transition than others,
- Transitions will always be arranged with the parents and staff at the current placement,
- Transitions visits will be supported by staff from the current placement,
- Visits will increase in duration and frequency as the programme progresses.
Within seven weeks of entry:
- An assessment of the child’s ability will be carried out.
- Pupil interim targets for the year ahead will be set (in line with their EHCP).
Within the first term:
- A new starter meeting for parents will be scheduled to discuss settling in.
Visits to the school for prospective students are welcome, however, please be aware that to book a visit your child must either have an EHCP or be in the process of applying for one. Please contact the school office to book a viewing.
Click on the link which will take you to the Nottinghamshire County Council website where you should find all the necessary information about admissions to schools.